The Board of Directors is proud to serve the North Texas area Mortgage and Lending Community. Each Officer, Director and Chairperson brings a wealth of knowledge and experience with them as they volunteer. They take a keen interest in industry changes, legislation, business success and growth for their companies and colleagues.
Meet the Board!
NAMB represents the mortgage broker industry on Capitol Hill by promoting legislation, negotiating with regulatory agencies, and working in partnership with other associations to achieve our public policy goals. A string of major legislative victories by NAMB have earned the respect of HUD, industry representatives and consumer groups. NAMB continues to make our presence felt at the negotiating table as we press for fundamental mortgage reform within the Congress.
The association’s extensive grassroots member network is NAMB’s crown jewel and the envy of the mortgage finance industry. It allows us to strike quickly when major legislative or regulatory issues threaten our members’ livelihoods. With our sizable membership, we are often called upon to provide guidance as new laws and regulations take shape. Our growing numbers and grassroots activism have attracted broad support from leaders in our nation’s Capitol and translate into more clout both within the industry and among regulators and elected officials.
Texas Agencies for Licensing
The state of Texas has two agencies:
Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending
Texas SML supervises the following:
- Mortgage Banker Registration
- Mortgage Company License
- Financial Services Company Registration
- Credit Union Subsidiary Organization License
- Auxiliary Mortgage Loan Activity Company License
- Independent Contractor Processor/Underwriter Company License
- Residential Mortgage Loan Servicer Registration
- Mortgage Banker Branch Registration
- Mortgage Company Branch License
- Credit Union Subsidiary Organization Branch License
- Mortgage Banker Residential Loan Originator License
- Mortgage Company Residential Mortgage Loan Originator License
- Financial Services Company Exclusive Agent
- Credit Union Subsidiary Organization Residential Mortgage Loan Originator License
- Auxiliary Mortgage Loan Activity Residential Mortgage Loan Originator License
- Independent Contractor Loan Processor and Underwriter Individual License
Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner
Texas OCCC supervises the following:
- Residential Mortgage Loan Originator License
Carolyn Clark has served as Administrator for the NTXAMP Board since early 2005. She is well versed in real estate, marketing, social media, event planning, graphic art and web design. She puts all of these skills to practice as the Board’s Administrator, along with an understanding of the needs of those in Mortgage and Lending.